The Pike Place Market is bigger than you think. Much, much bigger, in fact. Many of our guests remark that they didn’t realize the expansiveness of the area. A casual day could easily be spent at the Market, exploring the Down Under, the adjacent buildings and the main arcade with a sit down lunch, or noshing along the way.
This is why I am excited to tell you about Edibly, a smart phone app that will help you organize your Market visit (or visits). Edibly will help you find products or vendors on a market map, organize your visit with a shopping list, see what’s new at the market, and more. From the website, key features include:
Key features include:
• Vendor information (hours, practices, contact info, etc.)
• Product search/browse – to help you determine what’s best for you and discover new products.
• Product information (price, description, photo, availability, etc.)
• Market information (what’s new, hours, parking, etc.)
• Shopping List – to prepare for your visit to the Market and save you time
• Market Map – to find vendors at the Market or map what’s on your shopping list and save you time.
While this app is written, I think, with regular shoppers in mind, it will also be a useful tool for Market tourists. The Market map itself will be invaluable, and being able to determine the best seasonal produce for visitors who are not familiar with our produce will showcase our Washington-grown items to their best effect.
Download the app at the iTunes store.
Leave a Reply