Ok, you’re sitting in front of your computer and trying to decide on where to stay for your upcoming vacation. And you’re going to site after site to search the ‘best deals’ and wondering if you really are saving money. Sound familiar? What if I told you that if you searched Vacation Rentals in the city you want to visit, and went to that company’s website you would find a better rate for the same room as advertised on all the big travel sites? It’s true!
This Wednesday, February 6th, is national #bookdirect day – a day when the companies competing for your business come together to educate the public on why booking direct is a better option. Here are a few reasons:
- The price is almost always lower. This might not ring true to you, but I assure you, it is. And the reason is because Online Travel Agencies (like Homeaway, Expedia, Air B&B, and others) charge you booking fees to use their sites. And those fees don’t go to the company they are advertising for, it goes to their bottom line. Some sites can charge as much as 25% on top of the cost of the unit….crazy, right?
- You will ALWAYS get better customer service. A large OTA has a call center located in a city that is most likely where you aren’t staying. So, if you have an issue, the person who answers your call may or may not be able to help you, or care about what is going on. If they don’t live where you are staying, they might not even be able to help you, especially if it’s a specific question about where you are. If you book directly with a local management company or owner, most problems will be handled quickly, and by someone who actually cares about helping you.
- A lot of Vacation Rentals aren’t listed on the OTA sites. Because of the cost to advertise with them, and the fees that they charge, many vacation rental owners and managers don’t list their units with them. But all owners and manager haves a website, and by searching locally for places to stay you can find them easily!
- You can customize your vacation with a local company. We’ve all been there – you want a vacation, but you need to stick with a very specific budget or have a special event you are traveling for. If you work with local managers and owners, they can help you find the right unit at the right price. And if you’re coming to town for an event and want to add in a few fun things while you’re there, a local will be better able to answer questions about where to go, what to do, where to eat, and how to best get there. Do you have food allergies? A local will be able to recommend stores and restaurants that meet your needs.
- Special needs and requests can be more easily accommodated. If you’re traveling with someone with special needs or you have specific requirements for your stay, working with a local owner or manager is easier. Locals can add personal touches and make suggestions to make sure your vacation is awesome for everyone you’re traveling with.
Have I convinced you to #bookdirect yet? How about this: here at Seattle Oasis Vacation Rentals our number one priority is you, our guest. We want your stay to be the best you’ve ever had and have gone to great lengths to ensure just that. From our luxury bed and bath linens, to a kitchen stocked with everything you’d need to make an amazing meal, to the personal touches with the décor that our staff interior designer has made in each unit we manage – all of this is done with your comfort in mind. And if there is a problem, our customer service phone is answered 24 hours a day, and we will do our best to resolve it right away. And don’t just take my word for it. Visit our website, check out some of our amazing properties, and see what other guests have said. #bookdirect